Monday, November 26, 2012

Shameless Self-Promotion

Starting with the February 2013 issue of Motorcyclist magazine, and every month thereafter, you'll see my byline on several pages of the MC Garage section. When I first heard that my former Cycle Guide co-worker Marc Cook had been named editor of MC, I contacted him and joked that, despite his ascension to such lofty heights, he shouldn't forget his old friends, some of whom were still down in the trenches freelancing. I'm incredibly fortunate that he didn't, because not long after he offered me a monthly gig.

In that post about Cook's hiring as editor, I predicted his version of Motorcyclist would be a very good read. Since joining the team I've been given an advance look at some of those changes, as well as a chance to weigh in on some of them, not that Cook needs my input all that much. While I can't divulge any specific details, I can say that I was right about the new Motorcyclist. If you haven't read it in a while, give it another try. I think you'll be glad you did.



2 comments:

ProCycle said...

Yay, a monthly magazine gig!

Max Paganetti said...

Great post, i always look forward to reading more on your blog