Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tread Life Productions Video Premiere



You can teach old dogs new tricks. I'm living proof. Here's my first video, and my first YouTube upload, both accomplished without spilling blood or crashing the entire Internet.

It's no Dramatic Chipmunk, but it's a start.

There isn't any story line to speak of. I did it mostly to see if I could get a handle on the mechanics of shooting and editing, and to prove to myself that at 58, I'm able to do what 14-year-olds all over the world can do in their sleep. Take that, World Wide Web. And stay off my lawn.

The plan is to make more videos, and not just for practice. I live in a pretty nice part of the country, as you'll see in the video, and I'd like to share it with you as I ride around it this year. I have two long trips in mind, one south to California to visit my sister and some old racing buddies, and another a return to Vancouver Island and the mainland of British Columbia, neither of which I've been able to get out of my head since I went there last year.

I'd like to do some other videos, too, on bike maintenance and safety, new products, and some local rides. Once I get this whole digital video thing figured out, that is. It took me about six hours to shoot the footage, another six to cobble it together on my MacBook, and another three to get it formatted correctly and posted. That's 15 hours for a three-minute video. That you're seeing here for free.

Economics was never my best subject.




3 comments:

Pillion said...

Very Cool! Your background in photography shows nicely.

But that can't be the Oregon coast -- the sky is blue and things are casting shadows!

D. Brent Miller said...

Nice looking V-Strom, Jerry, and not bad for a first production. --Brent

stuman714 in Indy said...

Here's a tip of the helmet to us old dogs and our new tricks. Bravo Jerry, very nice!