Thursday, February 4, 2010

Product Spotlight: MagnoGrip and LED Work Gloves


Someone who knows me all too well sent me links to these products, along with a warning to freeze my credit card in a block of ice before clicking them. And I gotta say, these two gadgets appeal to me.

The one on the left is the MagnoGrip. It's a magnetic wrist band that holds all the tiny nuts, bolts, and screws that you'd otherwise put down and lose, or drop and lose, while you're working on your bike. It's made of heavy-duty canvas, is secured by Velcro, and has magnets claimed to be strong enough to hold a hammer.

The product on the right is an LED work glove. Having recently returned from a dive into the deepest, darkest depths of my V-Strom, I can appreciate the glove's tiny LED light that can be positioned on any of four attachment points (you get two lights, one for each glove). A micro-textured, grip-enhancing polymer material gives you a good grip on things, and a stretchy fabric gives the glove a snug fit.

(Note: I have not tested this product, nor have I received any compensation from the manufacturer for including it in a Product Spotlight. I just thought it was interesting/innovative/clever enough to warrant bringing it to your attention. All specifications and claims for the product are the manufacturer’s.)




5 comments:

Aaron Weber said...

See also: Silverback Gloves have a magnetic patch on the back of the hand so you can keep stuff there.

Anonymous said...

Magnetic wrist band? Wouldn't that play hell with anyone whose history includes wrist surgery, and implanted "hardware?"
:-)
michael

Jerry Smith said...

Titanium is a non-ferrous metal. I'm not sure what the screws are made of, though.

Somone who knows you... said...

Did you check out the rest of the thinkgeek site? It's the cumulative effect that can damage one's credit card!

For instance, for your Morale Officer: www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travel-outdoors/c92c/

Jerry Smith said...

Daisy asked me to remind you that you forgot her birthday.