Sunday, July 19, 2009

Signed copies $200 extra

I was browsing Amazon.com just now, looking for a few items (Amazon carries a lot of motorcycle stuff now) and thought, what the hell, let’s see if they’re still selling my Harley book, which if you’ve been a regular reader you know is now out of print.

So I looked up Harley-Davidson Bolt-On Performance and up came the page. And that's where it got weird.

The price of a new copy varies from a low of 79¢ (how depressing is that?) to a high of $57.21. Fifty-seven bucks?! Holy crap, I’m sitting on two cases of this book that I haven’t even opened.

I think I’ll contact the seller and see if I can unload them for, say, $25 a copy. I won’t be holding my breath waiting for a reply, but meanwhile I can fantasize about what I’d do with the money. Like actually order all the motorcycle stuff I found on Amazon.


No comments: